Associate Manager, Engineering R&D
Manage individuals from entry level to junior level experience, develop and launch products, research new ideas, and manage overall design history. Focus is on both theoretical and practical solution development through the application of the scientific process and project management. Job duties:
- Manage a group of individuals of varying technical experience from entry level to junior level on projects of defined scope and diversity.
- Direct subordinates toward clear company objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Associates across all departments in R&D, Operations, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs to achieve company objectives and resolve project issues.
- Manage large scale project(s) or multiple smaller scale projects and timelines with some guidance.
- Communicate project status and issues in a timely, clear, and appropriate manner to the organization.
- Analyze and/or directs the analysis of research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Specify and/or direct the specification and testing of new materials and designs.
- Confer with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems and develop designs.
- Plan and/or prepare quality system documentation, specifications, and detailed drawings.
- Comply with applicable Laws and Regulations, adhere to Quality Management System processes and requirements as well as demonstrate Ethics and Integrity in all matters and at all levels throughout the organization.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Mechanical, Bioengineering, Electrical, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or any other related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in medical device industry.
- Knowledge of and ability to use design/engineering and management software and equipment to perform engineering and management tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Project, and SolidWorks.
- Advanced degree in Engineering related field including, but not limited to, Mechanical, Bioengineering, Electrical, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or any other related field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience in medical device industry.
- Minimum one (1) year of management experience.
- Knowledge of raw material and suppliers.
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Experience with designing products for endovascular procedures.