Sr Engineer, R&D
Support development of products for medical device with work including writing or verifying specifications; designing new products and fixtures; testing processes and equipment; and specifying raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements. Job duties:
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Provide engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property; write invention disclosures.
- Supervise technicians, specialists, and associate engineers.
- Largely self-directed and capable of meeting project goals with minimal supervision.
- Some travel required.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Scientific field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience OR master’s degree plus three (3) years of experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and CAD (SolidWorks or PRO/E proficiency required).
- Design and development of medical devices.
- Ability to read and prepare technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of standard machine shop equipment, processes, and medical device manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of medical and technical development.
- One (1) year of Manufacturing experience preferred.