Manager, HR Business Partner
Provide consultative HR solutions and support to assigned client groups, driving engagement and alignment of HR programs and services to business objectives. Strategic partner to functional leaders, management, and associates. Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor on Human Resources (HR) related issues. Job duties:
- Strategic business partner to assigned client groups. Contribute actively in business meetings and leverage business knowledge in decision making. Understand the relationships between functions. Link business knowledge with HR programs and identify critical workforce needs to improve business performance. Handle routine global business issues.
- Drive employee engagement through initiatives such as management development, workforce planning, organizational change, focus groups, team building events, and recognition programs.
- Build consensus and trust among stakeholders to agree on issues and topics. Utilize advanced project management, facilitation, and communication skills to deliver relevant and effective HR solutions. Make realistic assessment of resource requirements and pull together resources essential to effect change.
- Drive performance management programs including goal planning, merit planning, bonus awards, promotions, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans.
- Work with employees to develop individual development plans (IDPs) which are aligned with organizational goals. Recommend details and developmental assignments based on individual and group needs. Coach leaders to develop diverse teams with the highest possibility of success. Provide insights into organizational groups to leadership.
- In partnership with client group management to build strong teams, develop career paths and job descriptions to support changing business needs and organizational growth. Assist and advise client group leaders with organizational design and restructuring. Participate in candidate selection and interview processes for client groups.
- Effectively utilizes knowledge of interpersonal concepts in consulting and coaching. Address complex talent issues. Deliver feedback as appropriate to leaders and associates. Constructively manage conflict, confrontations, and disagreements.
- Resolve employee relations issues through a systematic approach. Handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact. Lead investigations as needed.
- Partner with other functions within HR such as talent acquisition, talent development, HRIS, compensation, benefits, and payroll to roll out new programs and leverage specialties to further address needs of client groups.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, regulations, ethics, and company policies. Facilitate the creation of key organizational policies, practices, and procedures. Provide advice to leaders which are consistent with local, national, international, and industry policies.
- Other responsibilities may include leading the immigration program, global mobility, or workers compensation.
- Work on special and cross functional projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years HRBP or senior level HR experience.
- Experience working with a diverse staff of non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and exercise judgement with sensitive/confidential issues.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and demonstrated ability to influence.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and standards.
- Professional HR certification and/or advanced degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or other related discipline.
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational design, and talent selection.
- Excellent computer skills, experienced in MS office tools, specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Experience working with a global team in a matrixed environment.