Calibration Technician ll - Shift C
Perform multi-discipline electrical, dimensional, chemical, and physical calibrations on all MicroVention measurement and process control equipment. Schedule, pick-up, and deliver equipment to internal users and document actions on an equipment control database.Review documentation, checklists, and manuals for accuracy and completeness.Job duties:
- Ensure all applicable production equipment and designated laboratory equipment is calibrated within schedule and in accordance with procedures.
- Perform in-house equipment calibration tasks.
- Document calibration and update equipment status and calibration dates in the calibration database. Maintain information on calibrated equipment in the calibration software database.
- Scan/upload calibration certifications to electronic storage locations and/or calibration software database as applicable.
- Read equipment manuals and independently learn equipment operation.
- Coordinate calibration with equipment users (Manufacturing, QC lab, Engineering lab, etc.) and outside calibration services. Prepare and ship equipment to contracted calibration service providers. Review calibration documentation provided by calibration service providers.
- Participate in metrology enhancement projects affecting measuring equipment at MicroVention sites.
- Collaborate and provide technical support to out of tolerance and calibration overdue investigations.
- Provide metrology technical support to other departments.
- Comply with applicable Laws and Regulations, adhere to Quality Management Systems processes and requirements as well as demonstrate Ethics and Integrity in all matters and at all levels throughout the organization.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the medical device industry, working in technical roles such as equipment calibration or equipment maintenance.
- Experience in calibration and test methods on equipment and instrument calibration.
- Ability to understand equipment calibration requirements, calibration procedures and equipment manuals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in controlled environments (clean rooms).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 Medical Devices Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- Formal education in Metrology (courses and training). ASQ CCT or equivalent certification/education preferred.