Jr. Engineer, CAD Specialist - CR
A CAD Specialist uses computer-aided design (CAD) software to develop technical drawings, blueprints, or other schematics. Job duties include translating technical documents into a drawing, evaluating technical design parameters, and working directly with Architects, Engineers, and other construction professionals. This position requires some formal qualifications and education, typically a degree in computer science, computer-aided design, or a related field. Job duties:
- Supports a range of engineering activities for new product development.
- Designs, develops, and tests simple to moderate complexity assembly and test fixtures.
- Assists R&D Engineers with product development by rapidly prototyping designs, evaluating design performance, troubleshooting and understanding failure modes, and proposing design improvements.
- Updates CAD drawings.
- Modifies and performs mechanical drawing updates for initial release in collaboration with the R&D Engineering team.
- Manages, reviews, and updates CAD files in accordance with MicroVention CAD standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanics, Electro-Mechanics, Industrial Design or related field.
- Strong ability in the use of SolidWorks Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Substantial understanding of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Strong understanding of the ASME Y14.5M-2009 drawing standards.
- Solid understanding of general manufacturing processes.
- Experience designing, building, and preparing prototypes, sub-assemblies, feasibility test units, and samples.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the team is essential.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in general Microsoft applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Medical device industry experience is preferred.