Specialist I, Marketing Communications
Work directly with the Global Marketing Communications Manager and direct team members to support event management and logistics. Primary responsibilities for this position include direct support and implementation of global corporate events, conferences, and additional marketing meetings and programs from inception to completion. Support multiple cross-functional efforts and projects within the MarCom team and Marketing department. Job duties:
- Assist Global Marketing Communications Manager and team in implementing Marketing, Sales, and customer (physician) engagement initiatives including annual Sales meetings, Marketing strategy meetings, company hosted conference events, physician visits, and promotional strategies.
- Coordinate the preparation and organization of meetings and events while collaborating with external vendors, agencies, and cross-functional departments. Projects may include preparation of presentations, meeting logistics, inventory ordering and management, agenda/budget planning, etc.
- Publish and manage yearly events schedule for all global, domestic, corporate, and MV programs on required platforms.
- Oversee departmental Outlook inboxes to organize and respond in a timely manner or forward to appropriate lead.
- Facilitate event registration, which includes registration website creation, testing and implementation of internal event sites and applications, housing requests and room blocks, and creating and sending necessary communication. Support streamlining all global meetings with latest technologies and resources available through research and testing of new applications, platforms, and processes.
- Maintain and track event invoices and receipts and submit payments in a timely and accurate manner. Prepare and submit project RINGIs per finance process. Support allocating proper budgeting to projects. Monitor project budget performance as needed.
- Process contracts for venues and vendors and maintain up-to-date agreements for all external resources.
- Support creating content for conferences and events as needed, including video, graphic, and collateral creation.
- Support the internal collateral approval system to create proofs, move forward approval processes, and update and finalize content in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory storage and ordering through vendor software program.
- Lead individual and group projects from start to finish. Collaborate with team members to ensure proper execution of programs or projects. Help track and provide status reports as needed.
- Provide on-site support for all necessary meetings and events; occasional travel required.
- Comply with applicable Laws and Regulations, adhere to Quality Management System processes and requirements as well as demonstrate Ethics and Integrity in all matters and at all levels throughout the organization.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or Hospitality.
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of Marketing Communications, customer service, and/or event planning experience.
- Ability to be adaptable and work in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Experience working effectively and confidently in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong MS Office proficiency (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe professional and project management software.
- Ability to work with multiple associates and vendors and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.