Scientist I, Product Development
Support the development of medical device products through R&D device design control phases. Tasks include designing new products; developing, performing, and documenting test methods and processes; identifying equipment and performing qualification; and specifying raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements. JOb duties:
- Support development of new product concepts and prototypes.
- Perform chemical reactions and utilize analytical techniques for characterization.
- Perform device feasibility and design verification testing.
- Support process development and test method validations.
- Provide technical support for product related complaints.
- Provide technical support for regulatory filings and support testing required for various global product registrations.
- Provide technical support for marketing needs including competitive product testing.
- Contribute to generating intellectual property and invention disclosures.
- May train technicians and specialists as needed.
- Ability to meet project goals with supervision.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of design and development cycle of medical devices with focus on chemistry-based implants such as liquid embolics, hydrogels, microspheres, and coatings.
- Ability to draft technical documentation.
- Basic knowledge of organic chemistry, synthesis, laboratory equipment, and analytical techniques.
- Basic knowledge of medical device technical development.
- Basic knowledge of materials used in the medical device industry.
- Basic knowledge or experience in process development of chemistry based implantable devices.