Principal Engineer, R&D
Support and lead teams in the development of medical device products, including writing or verifying specifications; maintaining product process; designing fixtures; and testing processes, equipment, and raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements. Job duties:
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Provide engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property; write invention disclosures.
- Supervise technicians, specialists, and associate engineers.
- Specify and/or direct the specification and testing of new materials and designs.
- Confer with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems, and develop designs.
- Largely self-directed and capable of meeting project goals with minimal supervision.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Material Science Engineering.
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of medical device industry experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to design and develop medical devices.
- Ability to read and prepare technical documentation.
- Possess working knowledge of standard machine shop equipment/processes and medical device manufacturing equipment/processes.
- Knowledge of medical and technical development.
- Expert proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SolidWorks and/or other CAD systems.
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external customer relationships as well as leading different key players on achieving a goal.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with multiple departments and associates.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely manner.