Engineer I, R&D
Support development of medical device products with work including writing or verifying specifications; designing new products and fixtures; testing processes and equipment; and specifying raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements. Job duties:
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Provide engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property; write invention disclosures.
- Supervise assemblers, technicians, and specialists.
- Partially self-directed and capable of meeting project goals with supervision.
- Some travel required.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Scientific field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and CAD (SolidWorks or PRO/E proficiency required).
- Design and development of medical devices.
- Ability to read and prepare technical documentation.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop equipment and processes, and knowledge of medical device manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of medical and technical development.
- Experience from Engineering internship or rotation program preferred.
- Six (6) months of Manufacturing experience preferred.