Chemist II, Production - CR
Conduct research, analysis, and experimentation on substances for product development and application. Job duties:
- Perform chemical processes for production devices.
- Devise and develop formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Conduct research on currently manufactured products to evaluate and improve product.
- Prepare reports on projects for presentation to regulatory agencies, conferences, or for use in future research.
- Maintain laboratory with equipment, raw material, and supplies.
- Responsible for HPLC and GC performance and testing (1/3).
- Flexible schedule.
- Comply with applicable Laws and Regulations, adhere to Quality Management System processes and requirements as well as demonstrate Ethics and Integrity in all matters and at all levels throughout the organization.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry.
- Background in using analytical techniques.
- Comprehension of reaction kinetics.
- Prior experience in medical device research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer skills including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Lab scale polymer synthesis.
- Process optimization.
- Knowledge of processes required for handling hazardous materials.
- GC and HPLC experience a plus.