Finance & Accounting Manager, Germany
Manage all areas of financial responsibility, including financial closing, reporting and forecasting, business analysis, as well as compliance. Actively seek process improvements and participate in cross functional activities within the EMEA Organization to achieve company goals with flat hierarchies in an international group. Manage the local accounting team in their respective region(s). Job duties:
- Support the commercial management team in the formulation of strategies and targets that balance revenue growth, operating profitability, KPI and cash flow across all franchises within the region with focused business improvement and recommendations.
- Support planning and forecasting, revenue and margin analysis, as well as price management.
- Assess business performance and results against both the annual budget or forecast and support the forecasting process with EMEA FP&A team, including analytical variance reporting.
- Lead the local region for statutory compliance filings, monthly accounting close and reconciliation process, including liaison with external professional consultants and auditors.
- Supervise inventory control, including regular cycle counts and reconciliations.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate controls are in place in line with corporate policy.
- Manage the local MV accounting team; develop and motivate direct and indirect reports.
- Perform revenue recognition; act as pricing, compliance, and volume discount finance lead for both direct and distributor (if relevant) markets.
- Complete special projects in local MV cluster region or EMEA.
- Serve as key user for SAP (S4Hana) and Power BI as well as Pricing approval member.
- Comply with applicable Laws and Regulations, adhere to Quality Management System processes and requirements as well as demonstrate Ethics and Integrity in all matters and at all levels throughout the organization.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Business degree in Accounting/Finance / Chartered Accountant.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Advanced business partnering and written and verbal communication skills, including focus on customer support, agility, independent initiative, action, and responsiveness.
- Team player both within own territory and across EMEA with strong levels of resilience and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS advantageous.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong English and regional language proficiencies.
- Strong ability to manage and steadily motivate team members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Experience working with a multinational firm based in the US a plus.
- SAP S4 HANA experience preferred with ability in articulating requirements.