Sr Industrial Engineer
Supports the lean manufacturing of products for medical devices through Operational systems development, process flow, process efficiency, Lean training and mentoring, and activities that grow the Lean culture at the organization. Job duties:
- Improves process efficiencies and product flow through standard work breakdown and analysis.
- Designs and develops operational systems processes to enable a lean manufacturing system.
- Leads cross-functional teams as part of operational activities and excels in managing projects with minimal supervision.
- Manages operational systems including training of operators and coordination with production planning.
- Analyzes operational data and improves processes to assure manufacturing demands are met on a consistent basis.
- Ability to set-up and initiate new manufacturing line(s); including standard work, implementing and creating layout improvements, and establishing a culture of born lean.
- Must have a BS degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of four (4) years related medical device experience.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of Lean principals.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Statistical Software (Minitab/JMP), etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques.
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to solve complex operational problems
- Good knowledge of process flow, value stream analysis, operations demands and operator requirements
- Proven knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques (Green or Black Belt a plus)