Technician I, IT Support
Responsible for supporting associates with the setting up or replacing of new workstations and peripherals, processing new hire and separation requests and processing then documenting tasks or tickets. Provide timely level I technical support for all onsite and remote end-users for all technical related and user issues focusing on excellent customer service. Job duties:
- Image workstations with default operating system using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to prepare for deployment to associates.
- Coordinate and communicate with associates to replace leased workstation equipment to ensure an accurate transfer of all data and software applications.
- Triage, process, communicate, escalate, and resolve all assigned level I tickets through the IT helpdesk ticketing system.
- Initiate and schedule with vendor to replace or fix hardware issues.
- Maintain and process associate status changes of user accounts and computers within Active Directory and archiving of user data.
- Wipe data from leased workstations using enterprise software and process for shipment back to vendor.
- Set up and configure new Windows desktop/laptops or mobile devices for new hires.
- Minimum hardware troubleshooting that includes workstations, mobile devices, and peripheral devices (printers, keyboards, monitors, mouse, etc.).
- Install, configure, and support all enterprise application such as Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Follow all proper company and IT procedures related to processing all incidents and changes within the IT environment.
- Participate in departmental meetings and assigned projects or tasks by IT management.
- Help to maintain IT hardware inventory including workstations, monitors, docking stations, printers, etc.
- Understanding of single sign-on and multifactor authentication technologies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Up to one (1) year of experience in working in an IT help desk, support, or customer service role in an enterprise organization.
- Basic understanding of IT technology such as computer hardware, Microsoft products (Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Windows 7/10/11, etc.).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel within an organization.
- Basic technical knowledge, problem solving skills and troubleshooting focused on Microsoft products, computer hardware, mobile devices, and networking.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, follow instructions, and execute tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented setting.