Supervisor Sr, Production
Position OverviewThe Sr. Production Supervisor directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of company product(s), utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures and capabilities of machines and equipment. Typical job duties include:
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by partaking in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods, implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow.
- Actively mentors line leads to ensure production goals are reinforced throughout assembly personnel.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization/industry standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Able to utilize production metrics as necessary to initiate improvement projects and assemble a cross-functional team to drive these projects to completion.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment/resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have five (5) - seven (7) years supervising/directing personnel, preferably within medical device industry.
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of basic lean mfg principles.
- Good interpersonal skills and adaptive to a diverse workforce.
- Good communication, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to enforce Good Manufacturing Practices as well as company, quality and regulatory procedures and standards.
- High flexibility to constantly changing company priorities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Medical Device Industry Experience