The Corporate Counsel will assist in corporate legal matters domestically and internationally for a globally focused medical device corporation. Tasks will include preparing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts and providing advice and counsel to various business functions, including clinical, sales, marketing, supply chain and IT. Must be able to perform legal assignments with a high degree of independence, be detailed-oriented, and can adapt to changing priorities as well as a high volume of work under tight deadlines. Will perform legal work, conduct research and provide legal support and counsel to various functions. Typical duties might be:
- Performs domestic and international contracts function, including negotiating and drafting agreements including but not limited to clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements, purchase/consignment agreements, distribution agreements, master service agreements, vendor/supplier agreements, quality agreements, IT agreements.
- Works closely with MicroVention’s various business units, including Clinical, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and IT to support their contract needs.
- Assists in the advice and counsel on all matters related to contracts and works collaboratively with internal clients.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Member of California State Bar.
- Decision-making ability, with a focus on helping the company achieve its strategic business objectives while managing the legal risks and liability involved.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Medical device, pharmaceutical or other healthcare-related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter who is able to function in an individual contributor role as well as in the capacity of counselor to others.