Performs the assembly or sub-assembly of medical devices and products in a senior position under limited supervision from line leads and supervisors in accordance with manufacturing documents. Assists the Lead and Supervisor to ensure assemblers are trained properly. Typical duties:
- Follow manufacturing instructions to assemble product
- Record data associated with the building of the product on Build Records
- Train other assemblers on certified manufacturing procedures as directed by the Lead and Supervisor
- Assess the line’s certification health and identify if additional assemblers should be trained to a manufacturing procedure.
- Identify assemblers who would likely be successful at learning more difficult operations.
- Ensure training is conducted in a timely manner before annual or semi-annual certifications expire.
- Work with Engineers and Supervisors to perform special assembly requests
- Follow all related quality, compliance, and company policies and procedures
- Understand operations objectives and work with team members to achieve overall production goals
- Responsible for learning and maintaining knowledge and skills to perform majority of the manufacturing processes successfully
- Provide employee performance feedback to Lead and Supervisor
- Meet all performance standards and metrics by using time and resources efficiently
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by keeping work area in a neat and organized manner
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General knowledge of clean room procedures
- Previous experience using microscope assembly in a medical device industry
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a Medical Device Assembly
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to do small part assembly work using a microscope, vision system and or related automated equipment
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate (read, write and speak in English) with peers, engineers, leads, supervisors, and managers
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic measuring techniques including scales, rulers, US and metric measurement
- Proficiency in assembly procedures, with the ability to train others on the assembly procedures and inspect assemblers work.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office software skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse work population