Technician II, Industrial Engineering
Direct and coordinate Lean activities to continuously improve manufacturing processes. Collaborate with the Production Team to improve product throughput, lead time, and capacity. Raise awareness for Lean Manufacturing best practices and continuous improvement culture within the department. Support the 5S Program implementation and management. Support Industrial Engineers in the daily tasks.Job duties:
- Proactively reduce waste, coach, and drive Lean principles.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement Lean activities including 5S, Kanban, flow, and standard work.
- Coordinate and implement continuous improvement projects and support overall Lean initiatives.
- Perform analysis and generate technical reports and presentations accordingly to support Lean projects.
- Perform 5S audits. Complete reports, support 5S program activities, and lead 5S initiatives.
- Support the Lean Manufacturing Specialist for implementing and maintaining the 5S program.
- Evaluate and support software/systems implementation on the manufacturing floor.
- Support Operations during quality audit preparations.
- Support Industrial Engineering activities like time studies, layout design, data collection, and process mapping.
- Actively participate in layout changes and support the Industrial Engineering team coordinating equipment, rack, and workstation move.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to three (3) years of operations experience.
- Two (2) years of manufacturing environment experience.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing production equipment and Lean principles. Working knowledge of layout design in AutoCAD/DraftSight and ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to collect data, analyze data, present findings, and make recommendations.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical device industry experience preferred.
- Previous Lean technician experience a plus.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUP or Solidworks.
- Industrial engineering or related field student.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and principles.