Receiving Inspector II, QC
Performs receiving of incoming materials to ensure quality and conformance to specifications and procedural requirements. Processes the receipt, re-work, re-labeling, re-inspection and inventory transfers of products returned from consignment and trunk-stock inventories. Performs pre/post-sterilization inspection and releases the product to Finished Goods. Assists the Quality Control Lead in reviewing device history record to assure compliance. Job duties:
- Performs receiving inspections of purchased and in-house raw materials to ensure conformance to specification and procedural requirements.
- Determines acceptability and/or identifies defective raw materials and finished good products and recommends improvement, following established procedures.
- Provides feedback to Quality Assurance, Operations and R&D on quality issues.
- Initiates non-conformance reports.
- Receives and reconciles counts of returned goods.
- Performs re-work, re-labeling, re-inspection of product returned from consignment and trunk-stock.
- Performs pre-sterilization and post-sterilization inspection of product.
- Releases product to Finished Goods.
- Assists Quality Control Lead in reviewing and closing Quality Records.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in receiving inspection.
- Good knowledge of inspection techniques; understanding and reading technical documentation including mechanical drawings.
- Ability to use advanced measurement equipment/tools: Video system, Tension test, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of GMP (QSR) and/or ISO regulations.
- Previous experience with video inspection - automate inspection equipment and other inspection tools desirable.
- Previous experience working with Return Material Authorizations (RMA) desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to balance and prioritize workload to support production schedule.