Sr Technician, R&D
Coordinate R&D activities to ensure materials, documents, and processes are compliant with the established company practices and procedures. Perform the work in leadership position under moderate supervision from R&D engineering staff. Build complex prototypes from verbal instructions and/or simple drawings and perform testing and documentation duties with moderate supervision. Job duties:
- Provide work direction to and monitor performance of R&D assemblers and technicians in team.
- Assist engineering staff to complete R&D plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; and resolving problems.
- Give feedback and input on technicians’ and assemblers’ performance.
- Assist engineering staff with prototype and test build flow and organization of the technician and assembler team.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment/resources and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Fabricate complex prototypes, manufacturing processes, and fixtures.
- Responsible for learning and maintaining knowledge and skills to perform majority of the manufacturing processes successfully.
- Perform technician and assembler responsibilities as necessary.
- Provide input into product design, processes, and testing.
- Set up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Set up and conduct tests of completed units or components under operational conditions to investigate designs or to obtain data for development and standardization.
- Record test procedures and results.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related professional experience in a medical device environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and adaptive to a diverse workforce.
- High flexibility to constantly changing priorities.
- Proficiency in small part assembly procedures, with the ability to train others on the assembly procedures and inspect assemblers’ work.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, and internet.
- Knowledge of medical and biomedical development.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math skills.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in leading capacity, preferably within medical device industry.